Protecting your personal and financial information is our top priority. Our courtesy debit and credit card alerts help keep your personal information safe and may protect you from fraud.
When you enroll your card, you instantly begin receiving alerts notifying you when transactions are made to your account.
- Receive alerts when international purchases are made
- Receive alerts when a transaction is declined
- Receive alerts when online or phone purchases are made without the physical card
- Receive alerts when large transactions are made
For members who elect to receive alerts via a text message, standard text message and data rates apply. Please check with your mobile carrier to ensure that you own an SMS capable mobile handset that is registered on a carrier network and elected for a data plan that includes use of the mobile handset’s SMS capabilities.
Identity Theft Warning Signs*
By frequently monitoring your Online Banking account(s) and bank account and credit account statements, you can watch for warning signs of fraud and identity theft:
- Credit or debit charges you don’t recognize
- Bills for accounts that you did not open
- IRS notices that say you filed multiple tax returns
*Federal Trade Commission
How to Report Identity Theft
If you suspect you have been a target of identity theft or fraud, please contact Firstmark Credit Union at 210.442.0100 or toll free at 800.449.7728.
Tips to Help Prevent Identity Theft
Following these easy steps may help protect you from identity theft:
- Protect your Social Security number (SSN). Don’t carry your social security card in your wallet or purse. Only share it with people or an institution you trust.
- Avoid public WiFi when using mobile devices for online banking or making purchases online.
- Review your credit card and bank account statements daily.
- Shred receipts, credit offers, account statements, and expired credit cards, to prevent “dumpster divers” from getting your personal information.
- Store personal information in a safe place (Safe Deposit Box, Fire Resistant Safe or Vault)
- Install firewalls and virus-detection software on your home computer.
- Create passwords that are complex and difficult to guess. Avoid using the same password for all your accounts and change them frequently.
- Sign up for security alerts on your credit or debit card [BUTTON] (link to FMCU fraud alerts sign up)