Firstmark Credit Union is committed to education. We recognize the enormous responsibility and transformative impact that teachers and education have on our children, families, and our communities.
That is why we stand firm with our ongoing commitment to the education community.
Each year Firstmark:
- Contributes over $100,000 to schools across the region.
Produces over 60,000 free Academic Planners to public and private school teachers in San Antonio.
- Awards twenty $1,000 Frank Price Cunningham and Helen Shipman Cunningham scholarships to graduating high school seniors.
- Provides twenty education grants for $1,000 each to help school system employees pay for innovative project ideas.
- Supports several school district education foundation boards to help raise funds for projects and grants.
NEFE High School Financial Planning Program® (HSFPP)
When it comes to learning about how to handle and manage money, any knowledge a student gains from a course on the subject isn’t worth much if there isn’t a way to turn what they learn into real actions that result in positive habits. That is what the NEFE High School Financial Planning Program® (HSFPP) does through its six unit Student Guide and Instructor’s Manual.
The NEFE High School Financial Planning Program was developed by teachers and financial professionals who know how to move students from knowledge to the kinds of positive action that will help them begin their financial lives on the right foot.
You can order these materials directly from NEFE at hsfpp.org. Click on ‘Create a Free Account’ at the top of the page, to register as a ‘New User’, then follow the instructions to download the manuals.
Money Math — Lessons for Life
Free to teachers, Money Math: Lessons for Life is a four-lesson curriculum supplement for Middle School math classes, teaching grade 7-9 math concepts using real-life examples from personal finance. The 79-page book from the Department of the Treasury is a teacher's guide with lesson plans, reproducible activity pages, and teaching tips. A teacher needs only one copy of Money Math: Lessons for Life to teach several classes of students. Download your copy here.
- Teacher Appreciation Month (May)
- Teacher Fest (Summer)
- Academic Planners (August)
- Turkeys for Teachers (November)