These are challenging times for families. We’re all doing our part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. As more employers send their staff home, that means more parents will be working from home while their children navigate online instruction. The adjustment can take a toll on stress levels and that is why we want to do everything we can to support you. We have comprised a collection of resources you can use to help you adjust to the “new normal.”
- ESC-20 Parent Resources
Education Service Center, Region 20 (ESC-20) is committed to being the definitive choice for educational services, products, information and solutions for parents, caregivers, and families.
- Common Sense Media
Rates movies, TV shows, books, and more so parents can feel good about the entertainment choices they make for their kids. Common Sense Media offers the largest, most trusted library of independent age-based ratings and reviews.
- Autism through Uncertain Times
Here are seven support strategies designed to meet the unique needs of individuals with autism during this period of uncertainty.
- Khan Academy
This non-profit provides free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy offers free lessons in math, science and humanities from Kindergarten through the early years of college. Students can use exercises, quizzes, and instructional videos to learn and master skills. Check out these Khan Academy Resources:
- Parents: Frequently Asked Questions About Supporting Your Child’s Learning During School Closures
- Getting Started with Khan Academy and Khan Academy Kids for Remote Learning
- Khan Academy Kids YouTube Channel and free printable activities for kids 2-7 years old.
- Daily schedules for students ages 4-18 to keep learning using Khan Academy during school closures