As the information and impact of the coronavirus continue to unfold, it’s understandable that you might be feeling increased stress. Taking care of yourself and your family during this crisis is more important than ever. Here are some ideas to help:
- Take breaks from watching, reading or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body.
- Take deep breaths, stretch or meditate.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.