2013–2014 Frank Price Cunningham & Helen Shipman Cunningham Scholarship
The Frank Price Cunningham and Helen Shipman Scholarship Fund awards fifteen, $1,000 scholarships per year to deserving area high school seniors who are members of Firstmark Credit Union. Students’ academic achievements and extracurricular activities in school and the community are instrumental in students receiving this award.
- You and/or your parent/legal guardian must be a member in good standing of Firstmark Credit Union¹.
- You must be a high school senior.
- You must be in the top 15% of your graduating class.
- You must complete an authorized Bexar County Scholarship Clearing House Application Form.
- This is an open major scholarship; however, a portion of the scholarships awarded will be given to applicants planning to enter the teaching field.
- The scholarship must be used for the purpose of study at an academically accredited two or four-year college or university.
- Academic achievement, grade point average, community involvement, leadership, and personal recommendations will be considered in the selection of scholarship recipients. If selected as a finalist, you may be required to participate in a personal interview.
How To Apply
- High school seniors in Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Dimmit, Frio, Guadalupe, Kendall, La Salle, McMullen, Medina, Wilson, or Zavala Counties are eligible to apply. Please ask your Senior Counselor for the Bexar County Scholarship Clearing House application. Your application MUST include the name and account number of the Credit Union member that qualifies the student applicant for scholarship eligibility.
- Mail your application to:
Bexar County Scholarship Clearing House
800 NW Loop 410 #200
San Antonio, TX 78216-5699
For more information, contact Kelley Farwell at (210) 341-9602, ext. 10304; toll free (800) 683-1211.
- Firstmark Credit Union employees, Board Members and their families are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program.