2016–2017 Frank Price Cunningham & Helen Shipman Cunningham Scholarship
Need To Know
Applications due by Friday, November 4th.
This scholarship program is funded by the Frank Price Cunningham and Helen Shipman Cunningham Scholarship Fund. Created to honor Frank and Helen’s many years of loyal service to Firstmark Credit Union, the scholarship is awarded to deserving college-bound students. Fifteen high school seniors will each receive $1,000 to be used towards their college endeavors and aims to recognize recipients for their hard work and academic performance.
Eligibility Qualifications Include:
- Applicant must be a high school senior.
- Applicant must be in the top 15% of his/her graduating class.
- Applicant and/or parent/legal guardian must be a member in good standing of Firstmark Credit Union. The scholarship application must include the name and Credit Union member number of the person that qualifies the student applicant for scholarship eligibility.
- At least 20% of the scholarships awarded each year will be to scholarship applicants who plan to enter the teaching field.
- Academic achievement, grade point average, character, leadership and personal recommendations will be considered in the selection of scholarship recipients.
- Applicant must complete an authorized Bexar County Scholarship Clearing House application form.
- The scholarship must be used for the purpose of study at an academically accredited two- or four-year college or university.
- Firstmark Credit Union employees, Board Members and their families are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Scholarship Committee and will be notified by late March 2017.
NOTE: You will be given a specific school deadline to submit your application and all associated documents to your counselor, who will be responsible for meeting the Clearing House deadline above.
Alternatively, you may submit your complete application and all supporting documents directly to:
Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation
1250 NE Loop 410, Suite 810
San Antonio, Texas 78209-1539